Monday, July 18, 2011

Ugandan ROLEX!



Now, I know I'm not supposed to eat wheat. But when it comes to chapatis, I just can't resist.
Ugandan street food is best known for "Rolex"- not the watch, but a spanish omelet rolled into a chapati. Sounds simple, or not a big deal..but trust me. There is nothing as tasty as a rolex on the streets of Jinja in the hot afternoon- or at midnight at the Bujigali Chapati Factory at NRE campsite.

I'm not going to give you directions on how to make chapati, because I don't really know the most proper way.. I suggest googling it. Good recipe right, I know. Sorry.

Omelet-
2 eggs, beaten
small zuccinni, sliced and chopped fine
1/4 red pepper, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1/4 red onion, chopped fine
salt and pepper
half a chilli, diced fine
parsley to garnish (or basil would be delicious)

cook all together in a one layer omelet, put it on the chapati..before you roll it up, line up some sliced avocado with salt and lemon juice. ROLL IT.
AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment