Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another Pandora's Pot!





Friday I was home around 11am which was surprising for me as I'd already been into town, picked up my business cards, mailed some postcards (yes, finally), gone out to the Canadian High Commission and registered as a Canadian in the country...back into town and back home. I thought it would take the whole day to do those things.

Anyways! I came home and decided to make soup out of what I had.. which wasn't much but it ended up tasty.

half onion
3 clove garlic
4 baby potatoes, chopped
2 handfuls lentils (any colour)
2 small carrots, chopped
half green pepper, chopped
couple tablespoons powdered chick stock

to taste of the following:
chilli
garam masala
salt and pepper

saute half an onion and a couple garlic cloves, set aside
cook your lentils- a couple handfuls. Drain and add water- however much broth you want
add chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, spices
add green pepper when nearly cooked

Serve!

Now the best part of this was that I accidently left the burner on and turned the wrong one off, and left the pot of soup on the burner..for probably an hour, when I returned to the kitchen and found that my soup now resembled kind of a dried up mash. So, for dinner, I added some butter and ate it. It was just as delicious as the soup. However, I burned the hell out of the pot. At least I cleaned it, unlike last time...read Adam Roper's blog post which mentions it! GHOSTS!

the other photo is just of me talking to my love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment